Request Green Dot Training
Bystander training is a 5-hour course designed to enhance the influence of participants and give them the resources they need to be well versed in bystander intervention. This training is a great resume addition.
Learning objectives include:
- Connect more consciously to opinions regarding the role and responsibility of a bystander.
- Understand the basic elements of culture change and feel inspired to make a positive contribution.
- Identify behaviors which may constitute dating/domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking. (power-based personal violence).
- Increase motivation to intervene in order to reduce harm after violence has started, reduce the likelihood that it will happen again, or reduce the likelihood that it will happen at all.
- Recognize barriers that may prevent one from intervening in harmful situations.
- Develop realistic intervention options while considering barriers.
- Show participants realistic pro-social behaviors they can do to shift the campus culture to one that is intolerant of violence and supportive of bystander intervention.