Request Green Dot Overview
An overview speech is 50-60 minutes in length and introduces the basic elements of Green Dot.
Learning objectives include:
- Recognize the role of being an active bystander.
- Identify behaviors which may constitute dating/domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking. (power-based personal violence).
- Acknowledge barriers that may prevent one from intervening.
- Help participants develop realistic approaches for intervening in harmful situations.
- Show participants realistic pro-social behaviors they can do to shift the campus culture to one that is intolerant of violence and supportive of bystander intervention.