Green Dot Bystander Training
This training is open to all students. The Green Dot Bystander Training is designed to equip participants with the necessary knowledge, connection, and skill to increase their proactive and reactive bystander behaviors. Registration is REQUIRED. Students who participate in the event will leave with a Green Dot Certificate. This certification is a great resume booster!
When: September 21st, 2019
Time: 9:00 - 3:00 P.M.
Where: Keen Johnson South Hall
Learning objectives include:
- Connect more consciously to opinions regarding the role and responsibility of a bystander.
- Understand the basic elements of culture change and feel inspired to make a positive contribution.
- Identify behaviors which may constitute dating/domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking. (power-based personal violence).
- Increase motivation to intervene in order to reduce harm after violence has started, reduce the likelihood that it will happen again, or reduce the likelihood that it will happen at all.
- Recognize barriers that may prevent one from intervening in harmful situations.
- Develop realistic intervention options while considering barriers.
- Show participants realistic pro-social behaviors they can do to shift the campus culture to one that is intolerant of violence and supportive of bystander intervention.